Friday, June 3, 2011

Why do "adults" feel that only they are "experienced" and "knowledgeable" enough to elect a president?

No matter the party affiliation, why do %26quot;adults%26quot; think younger voters aren't worth anything?



We are probably the most un-jaded population and the best resource of the future. We have the most flexible and %26quot;ready to absorb%26quot; minds.



I am 28 and have a better head on my shoulders than most of the %26quot;adults%26quot; I work with. I purchased a home at 24, am in the most loving and supporting relationship, have two degrees (one of which is a graduate degree).



How can I be classified as %26quot;unexerienced%26quot; and %26quot;nieve%26quot;?? I haven't lost my home to foreclosure (I actually ready my mortgage documents when I signed them!!). Have been working since I was 14 (yes you can caddy when you are 14).



Any good answers out there? Or is it that people of any political affiliation are truly afraid of change?Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?When I consider a candidate I don't just think about what I or the country desires. I think of future generations and what they may need. For those older people (like me) who have the desire to grow and learn. Our perspectives change. As you probably will too. And yes with age comes a way of thinking the younger are naive. Forgive us. Age allows that. You will do the same. This being said I am very open to your thoughts. I hope you will continue to helps us lead this country to greatness. Bring back innovation, research and development. Something this country was once a leader in.

As far as the mortgage situation. I to looked at one of those sub-prime loans. Asked the person if they were actually serious. When the reply was yes. I knew then the housing market was in trouble.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?shouldn't you be in school right now?



Let me know how electing a class president goes (aka popularity contest) and we'll talk.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?It is easy for them to play the %26quot;experienced%26quot; card.

Truth is, many of them vote for the same party, year after year, because that's who their parent's voted for. They continue on with this legacy, regardless of their party's changing views or opinions.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?afraid of change ?



your gonna have to be more specific



change ?



sorry to generic for me



better be careful what you ask forWhy do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?Last I checked, we considered people as adults at 18.



You're 28.



Do YOU think you're a child?Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?A young man who is not liberal has no heart.



An old man who is not a conservative has no brain.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?You don't pay taxes, and many of you believe your taxpayer funded professors who are for....guess what? Higher taxes?



Every time a Politician claims that it will not cost that much just remember that promise. It's ALWAYS more, and it never solves the intended problem. Government agencies tend to turn into huge corporations with patronage and the politically connected running the show. The Liberals would rather have that than the private sector because their unions benefit directly. When they talk about special interests, they ignore their own little political machine because it has some nice sounding name like %26quot;Agency for the underfed and homeless%26quot;, but what they don't mention is that 80% of their budget goes the the union pension.



They thumbs down the truth. I do know why professors are liberal. They are part of that union. But what disturbs me is the one sided approach. Brainwashing.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?Sounds like my story, although I am 30. Started working in my dad's auto shop at 13. Married at 19, two kids. Bought my home at 22 - received my degree in Computer Science at 28 (took a bit longer, since I was working full time and raising kids). I think this qualifies me to make a decision.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?you'll understand when you're older...Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?it's not an opinion.



It's simply a law.



Many adults have little intelligence yet are entitled legally to vote.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?Let's turn your question around for a moment. Why does todays youth think they know better than those of us who have been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt? Are there some younger voters out there who have enough common sense to make a good decision when it comes to voting? Sure there are but these voters would be the exception rather than the rule.



As for %26quot;change%26quot; while change is inevitable it's NEVER a good thing to have change simply for the sake of change.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?Insecurity is the answer. I'm in your age group, have been to grad school as well, and have a house. Yet, people always give me the, %26quot;well, honey blah blah blah...%26quot; Like I'm somehow less intelligent because they can condescend to me about whatever topic is being discussed. People who are more experienced in life won't do things like that. I bet the Dalai Lama doesn't do that but, then people who act like that don't care what people outside of their interaction sphere do with their lives anyway for the most part. No human is so pitiful that you can condescend to them and it isn't rude.Why do %26quot;adults%26quot; feel that only they are %26quot;experienced%26quot; and %26quot;knowledgeable%26quot; enough to elect a president?I think you have a point. Many older voters become stuck in a rut. Their way of thinking solidifies at some point and they often stay right there in that spot without questioning or trying to look ahead.



That said, it is a generalization, and some older voters are very flexible and very progressive in their thinking. Life has taught them valuable lessons, including not to fear change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

java vb